Before creating a Social Media Campaign, it is important to determine which social media tools are best to use to reach your target market.
Current social media usage:
- Facebook is one of the largest social medias, the biggest usage group is women between the ages of 45-65
- Twitter’s biggest usage group is men and women between the ages of 16-30.
- Pinterest has a wide range of ages, but is mostly targeted to women.
- Instagram also has a wide range of ages.
- LinkedIn is designed for the professional business group.
Social Media Facts
- 7 out of 10 consumers look online first for local business information.
- 80% of consumers say that they are more likely to try new things based on friends’ suggestions made through social media.
- 81% of consumers say it’s important for businesses to respond to reviews.
- 51% of Facebook users and 64% of Twitter users are more likely to buy products and services from businesses they ‘like’ or ‘follow’.
- 8 out of 10 consumers are likely to seek the opinions of others online before buying goods or services.
- And 64% of them have changed their minds because of those opinions.
Social Media Impact on Revenues
- 65% of business owners using social media agree that it helps them stay engaged with current customers and 61% say they gained new customers.
- A recent study found that a one star increase on Yelp corresponds with a 9% increase in sales.