Reviews are an important part of SEO
What is Your Online Reputation?
Your online reputation is how your customers and potential customers see you when they search for you online.
You can see it yourself, do a simple search for your business – look at the results, you will see this includes everything online about your business, whether you published it or not.
Look to see what others see about your business – photographs, videos, reviews, news articles, blog posts, social media profiles, “people search” sites, basically—anything.
Why is Your Local Online Reputation Important?
As the above chart shows, your online reputation carries about as much weight in making a decision to use your business as a direct referral from a family member or friend.
The sites that list your company and your reputation are called “Local Directories”. These sites connect your business to millions of potential customers. Some of the popular sites that display your reputation includes: Google, Yelp, YellowBot, InsiderPages are all top listing directories
Important items to note about Online Reputation:
- It takes 6-10 reviews to be considered reliable.
- Current reviews are important, reviews more than three months old are not viewed with relevance.
- According to Economists at the University of California, Berkley a half star improvement in ratings can increase a restaurant’s business during peak dining hours by 19%. Imagine what it might do for your business.
- There are a large number of directories to monitor, which makes it difficult to keep up with monitoring and building reviews.
- Reviews are recognized by Google to improve placement in SEO.
- Reviews will gain and maintain a position in the local ranking of the three pack which are the three businesses located in the map area of a google listing.
- Reviews give a business the chance to let customers do their advertising in a more trusted direction.
How to Manage Your Online Reputation:
Steps to Consider to Manage Your Online Reputation:
- Create the correct Directory Listings with the correction information of NAP (name, address, phone)
- Include optimized images in each directory listing
- Monitor reviews to be aware of what is being reported and be able to respond to all reviews, good and bad.
- Create a system to ask for reviews. This could be accomplished with a sign in program, postcards or by email.
- Have a system that encourages positive reviews to be published to online directories, but redirect negative reviews back to management to try to reach out to the client to resolve the situation.
- Have a system that will automatically display the current positive reviews on the business website.
- Have a system that will automatically display the current positive reviews on all of the business social media
- Create video to post on YouTube (also owned by Google) that shares the reviews and gives additional SEO to the business listings.
How Could This Automated System Work?
A client/patient/customer is asked to sign in as they enter or as a service person arrives at the home.
The form can be made available by tablet, phone app or laptop
The form can be customized for just sign in information or to list services needed, technician name, other information that would benefit the business.
We do suggest that it remain a short form process.
The client/patient/customer will then receive a test message and/or an email asking them to leave feedback on the customized feedback form.
If for some reason they leave a 3 star or less the manager will receive and email to notify them of the concern. This keeps the 3 stars or less off the directories and gives the business the opportunity to reach out to the person and rectify the concern.
If they leave a 4 or 5 star they will then be directed to a request to share their review to the online directories. Keeping the reviews online at 4 stars and above.
Highlights of the Management System Available
The dashboard of the manager system gives you a complete look of the reviews and feedback over the past 30, 60, 90 or 180 days.
Showing the total number of reviews during that time with a chart that shows
- Blue – how many visited the feedback page
- Green – how many left a review on the feedback page
- Orange – how many then shared their review also on an online location
The dashboard will show you all of the patients/clients/customers that have signed in and what level of star review they have left as well as all of the information that was requested at the time of sign in.
Click online reviews on the dashboard and it will show the exact review that was left and where it was shared by the client/patient/customer
The dashboard also gives you the opportunity to create an email campaign to recent sings in, simply select those you wish to email and follow the program to create a unique offer for those who have recently visited your business.
Putting All of Your Marketing of Reviews into One System
Beta Test Offer
We are offering a special Beta Tester for our DIY 5 Stars in 5 Days.
Please watch the video for details –>
Then fill out this discovery form to see if you would qualify for this beta: