With the recent changes to Google, there are 4 things that every business should make sure that they have to stay on the top searches.
In this post we will explain the (1)directory listings. Businesses that claimed directory listings before the Google change are still ranking in their same position.
- Each business must claim their Google Listing. Log in to Google and then search your business to locate your google listing, at the bottom of the page will be a tab that says claim this business. Click this link and follow the instructions.
- If your business does not have a listing to claim, go to http://business.google.com and click on get your page and follow the instructions.
- Make sure to complete the listing 100%.
- Once you have the Google Listing claimed, write down the exact way that you wrote your citation (address and contact information) as this must be copied exactly the same way in your other directory listing. You should also change your citation on your website to match your Google Listing.
- Use the link below to find out what directories your business is missing. It will give you a list of the directories that you should be listed and any errors in your directory listing.
- You can go through each of the directories by search and correct them individually or use the Yext service to correct and claim the listing with one step.
- Or, we can take care of the directory listings for you, please complete this form and select a time for a free 30 minute consultation.